Through Our Eyes: Resources and Information About and For Those Living with Parkinsons
- Self-Help Web Sites with Articles & Brochures, and Web Forums
- "Through Our Eyes" PD Speakers Panel: Learning About PD from Patients
- Brooklyn Parkinsons Group & Dance for PD
- "Through Our Eyes" Poster Information
- Presentation of "Managing Our Diminishing Executiv...
- "Capturing Grace," about a group of Brooklyn, NY d...
- Join Advocacy Efforts with Parkinson's Action Netw...
- Collection of Parkinson's Poems in PDF Creativity ...
- Shattering the Myth of "Wow! She's Gotten So Much ...
"Through Our Eyes" Poster Information
Leonore Gordon, LCSW, New York University; David Spierer, EdD, Long Island University, NY, USA
“Although it is impossible to know how it feels to have PD, I have gotten my best understanding from PWP’S.”
If working with PWP’s, did you feel more interest in working with this population after meeting with the PWP’’s?
PWP’s are the best source of info for us Health Care Professionals on symptoms and treatment. They are the vital team member within the Multidisciplinary team.”
“While a lot of information can be received through textboooks and research, it is extremely helpful to get first-hand knowledge from people living with PD…”
But as PD progresses, EXECUTIVE FUNCTION PROBLEMS do appear, looking like ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder),ie.short-term-memory impairment; difficulty completing & staying focused on tasks; distractibility; troubles with multi-tasking, prioritizing, & decision-making.
- ▼ October (2)